Sunday, November 13, 2011

GQ; no it's not about the magazine.

And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole. -- Luke 17:19 (KJV) 

Pastor Nirhal was the speaker in today's session. This message hit me real hard: how thankful is society today?

I always pray for the guidance of God before an examination starts. I always pray for satisfying (and safe) results before I receive 'em. However, I rarely thank Him when I get my results.

Most of the time, it isn't satisfying; I know, but we know that God works in different ways. We can't always only rely on God to give us what we want! Results that isn't that good will motivate you to study harder, doesn't it? God is great.

"Which is harder -- saying sorry or saying thank you?"
Get you thinking.

Today's scripture was from the book of Luke. Luke 17:11-19, Ten Healed of Leprosy.
10 were healed of leprosy, but why only one returned to thank the Lord? Society is weird these days. We make wrong assumptions for things that happen(ed), this is not rationality!

"We know about IQ, and the recent hot topic of EQ, but we must have GQ!" pastor Nirhal said. GQ, you ask? Its "gratitude quotient". How much do you have it?

Thus, "where are the nine?"

Also, thanking God for the safe results of my papers so far. Biology is my fear now.


No comments: